Border–Gavaskar Trophy- Highlights
It is a test series that is played between Australia and India. The series has been named after Indian cricketer Sunil Gavaskar and Australia’s Allan Border. The first edition of this series was played in the year 1996-97. Indian Batsman Sachin Tendulkar is the player with the most number of runs in the series with 3262 runs from 65 innings. Most number of wickets in the series is also held by Indian bowler Anil Kumble. He has 111 wickets in 20 matches.
Border–Gavaskar Trophy: 2020-21 Series
- The latest series of the Border–Gavaskar Trophy was the 2020-21 series which was hosted by Australia.
- India has won the series by 2-1. It was a 4 test series, in which one test was a draw.
- In the first test of the series, India scored their lowest total in Test cricket with the entire team going out for just 36 runs. This test was played in Adelaide.
- This score was also the lowest in the 21st-century test table.
- The second test was played at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in Melbourne and won by India.
- The 3rd test was played in Sydney and was a draw.
- The 4th and final test was played at The Gabba, Brisbane. India won the test by 3 wickets and won the series by 2-1.
It is the 1st time since the year 1988 that Australia has lost a test match at The Gabba. The next Border–Gavaskar Trophy series will be held in 2022–23. It will be hosted by India. The Player of the match in the Gabba test was Rishabh Pant and the player of the tournament/series award was given to Pat Cummins.