‘e-Dharti Geo portal’ launched to integrate maps and lease plans.
Union Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri has launched the ‘e-Dharti Geo Portal’. The portal will integrate the legacy drawings including the maps and lease plans in the management information system. The portal will make the maps and lease plans geographic information system (GIS)-enabled.
The land and development office (L&DO) is currently dealing with around 60,000 commercial, residential, industrial and institutional properties. It provides a property certificate incorporating details and the outline map of the property. These details can now be accessed online on the portal.
Property Card or Certificate
- The property holder would be provided a certificate.
- The certificate would include the property details such as land type, property type, date of allotment, property status, plot area, property address etc.
- The certificates can be attainted by paying a fee of ₹1,000
- It can be accessed by the public by visiting the L&DO website.
- The move benefit the general public specially the elderly, besides it will help in avoiding unnecessary litigations.
- The certificate would contain the basic details of property and a map showing the location of the property.