First National Conference of Chief Secretaries: Highlights
On 15th June 2022, the first National Conference of Chief Secretaries from all states has begun. It is a three-day conference and will be going on till 18th June 2022. This conference is being held in Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh. PM Modi will be chairing this conference on 16th and 17th June 2022.
What is the aim of the conference?
This conference has the aim to strengthen the tie-up between the state and central governments. At this conference, over 200 people are participating and they are representing the states, centre, and the UTs.
At this conference, discussions will be held on which themes?
Discussions will be held on 3 themes which are:
- National Education Policy Implementation
- Diversification of crops and self-reliance achievement in pulses, oilseeds, and agri-commodities.
- Urban governance
What sessions will be held at this conference?
- Aspirational Districts Programme Session: In this session, discussions will be held highlighting the accomplishments achieved till now. Fruitful case studies will be talked upon.
- A session will be conducted on “Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav- Roadmap to 2047.”
Also, there will be 4 sessions based on the themes:
- Reducing the burden of compliance and the decriminalization of various minor offences so that ease of doing business is not harmed
- The partnership of the centre and the state to accomplish the proper coverage of various government schemes as well as to ensure delivery to the last mile
- Utilizing the PM Gati Shakti to transform the country’s infrastructure
- The nation’s improvement of capacity building as well as implementing Mission Karmayogi.
What will this conference focus on?
This conference will be focusing on the sustained and fast growth of the country’s economy in association with the States. In this conference, the platform will be set under which joint actions will be taken to increase:
- sustainable growth
- job creation
- ease of living
- self-reliance in agriculture
This event will also be highlighting the need to implement a common development agenda so that various actions can be taken to help achieve the aspirations of the country’s citizens.