India-Bahrain JWG Meeting in the Field of Renewable Energy
India and the Kingdom of Bahrain conducted the 1st meeting of the Joint Working Group in the field of Renewable Energy on February 4 in a virtual format.
- The Bahraini delegation was led by the President of Sustainable Energy Authority, Abdul Hussain bin Ali Mirza.
- Ministry of New & Renewable Energy Joint Secretary, Dinesh Dayanand Jagdale led the Indian delegation.
- Indian Ambassador to the Kingdom of Bahrain, Piyush Srivastava also participated in the meeting.
- In the meeting, both sides highlighted the importance of renewable energy to meet climate change goals and presented the report on a number of initiatives taken in the field, progress, and future targets.
- Both sides have agreed to share best practices, experience, and expertise in the sector.
- Both sides agreed to create stronger engagement in capacity building and to enhance cooperation between concerned agencies as well as the private sector of the two countries in this sector especially in the field of wind, solar, and clean hydrogen.
India and Bahrain signed an agreement for promoting bilateral cooperation in the field of Renewable Energy in July 2018.
Vaccine Maitri for Bahrain
Recently, Bahrain received 100,000 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine as a gift under the “Vaccine Maitri” initiative of India.