Intellectual Property India annual report released by Government of India
The Intellectual Property India annual report was released by the Government of India. Along with that, annual rankings the year 2018-19 was also decided by Office of Controller General of Patents, Designs and Trademarks, Government of India.
- Chandigarh University Gharuan top the list among all university in India. It topped for filing the highest number of patents in a year counting 336.
- According to Intellectual Property India annual report in the overall patents filing category, 27 Indian Institute of Technology (IIT’s) have filed 557 patents collectively.
- Chandigarh University Gharuan is followed by Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) with 239 patent applications.
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) comes the third with 202 applications and
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) stands at fourth position with 173 patent applications.
- Chandigarh University has also bagged the third position in the top 5 Indian Applicants for patents in the field of Information Technology with the filing of 148 patents.
Punjab has managed into rankings of the Top 10 States of India in the field of Research & Innovation for the first time. Haryana with 507 application comes at second position while Himachal Pradesh with 193 applications stands at third position.