International Science Literature Festival – VIGYANIKA
Vijnana Bharati, Ministry of Earth Sciences and CSIR-National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources (CSIR-NISCAIR) has recently inaugurated the International Science Literature Festival- Vigyanika on December 22.
- Vigyanika has been inaugurated on the opening day of the 6th India International Science Festival (IISF) 2020 which was inaugurated by PM Modi.
- Vigyanika has been organized to mark the birth anniversary of Srinivasa Ramanujan, the renowned Indian mathematician.
- The festival has been organized with an aim to take science and literature to the public and to showcase the strategies for employing different aspects of science communication.
- CSIR-NISCAIR Director addressed the participants and attendees at this event and highlighted the importance of science communication in countering COVID-19 infodemic.
- COVID-19 infodemic is the spread of information about a pandemic whether correct or incorrect. It is very important to keep a check on the fake news and information related to the pandemic.
National Mathematics Day
National Mathematics Day is celebrated every year on December 22 on the occasion of the birth anniversary of Mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan. December 22 was declared as the “National Mathematics Day” on February 26, 2012.
IISF 2020 i.e. the sixth edition of the India International Science Festival was inaugurated on December 22 by PM Modi. The science festival will be organized from December 22 to 25. The theme of this edition of the festival is- ‘Science for Self-Reliant India and Global Welfare’. IISF is a science festival that is organized yearly since the year 2015.