Jan Andolan against COVID-19
Jan Andolan is an awareness campaign launched under the Ministry of AYUSH. The campaign is influencing the public behaviour towards the traditional system of medicine in India. We have seen the increasing demands and considerable traction of the people towards the traditional medicinal system in India during this COVID situation. The campaign promotes the appropriate behaviour during the festive season in winter.
Key Facts about Jan Andolan
- The Jan Andolan includes Ayush hospitals, dispensaries, wellness centres, educational institutions and other units under Ayush.
- In the festive season of India, people tend to forget the caution that would lead to rise in the risk factors and challenges about the spread of the COVID, The Ayush professionals are expected to intervene and promote the people to follow appropriate behaviours related to COVID-19.
- Ayush professionals also works with grass root levels and therefore it is gaining momentum.
- The campaign is related to the public health response against the infectious disease.
- Ayush ministry formed partnership with its attached and subordinate offices as well as PSUs with the academia and private sector industry.
- Various Ayush units such as dispensaries, hospitals, educational institutions etc. created and published posters and banners with targeted messages on COVID appropriate behaviours and Ayush immunity practices and Yoga.
- Various activities under the movement included workshops, Yoga, awareness camps, health camps, pledge taking etc.
- Pamphlets and brochures were distributed as a part of patient education efforts.
- Promotional activities like Ayur Raksha kits, masks, medicinal plants as well as prophylactic medicines were distributed by some of the institutions.
Written by IAS POINT