Kerala Tourism’s Human by Nature campaign won PATA Grand Award
Kerala Tourism’s internationally-acclaimed ‘Human by Nature’ campaign won the prestigious PATA (Pacific- Asia Travel Association) Grand Award 2020 for Marketing. This gives a huge stimulus to tourism industry in the state which has been severely affected due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- Awards were announced during a virtual presentation ceremony in Beijing.
- Kerala has bagged one of the three PATA Grand Awards.
- The event was attended by,
- Tourism Minister Shri Kadakampally Surendran,
- Tourism Secretary Rani George;
- Tourism Director P. Bala Kiran;
- PATA Chief Executive Officer Dr. Mario Hardy; and
- Macao Government Tourism Office (MGT) Director Maria Helena de Senna Fernandes.
- This year’s PATA Gold Awards was supported and sponsored by the Macao Government Tourism Office (MGTO) for the first time.
- It recognized the achievements of three Grand title winners and 21 Gold Awards.
Human By Nature Campaign
The idea of a new campaign was put forth by Kerala Tourism. It was then conceptualized and scripted by Stark Communications. The campaign showcases the culture and daily life of the people of Kerala. The campaign has helped in achieving Kerala’s record growth rate of 17.2 per cent in 2019 which stands to be the highest growth rate in tourism arrivals in 24 years. The campaign also helped in reviving the tourism sector after the Flood in 2018 and outbreak of Nipah virus there.
The PATA Grand Award
The PATA Gold Awards was incepted in 1984. It recognizes exceptional achievement in a variety of endeavors. It acknowledge and reward the very best of Asia Pacific’s travel industry. PATA Grand and Gold Awards winning projects has set industry standards for excellence and innovation, serving as examples for others to follow.
The PATA Gold Awards 2020
This year, the award had121 entries from 62 organizations and individuals worldwide. An independent judging committee of 16 personalities from various destinations selected the winners. It presented 21 Gold Awards and three Grand Title Winners for best show entries in the Marketing, Sustainability and Human Capital Development categories. PATA enhanced the Gold Awards this year, by introducing new categories such as Climate Change initiative, Tourism for All, and Youth Empowerment Initiative to redefine its position as an innovative and prestigious award for the Asia Pacific travel and tourism industry.