‘Prabuddha Bharata’ – Key Facts
The 125th Anniversary celebrations of ‘Prabuddha Bharata’ will be organized on January 31. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address this anniversary celebration.
- Prabuddha Bharata is a monthly magazine of the Ramakrishna Order.
- This journal was started by Swami Vivekananda in the year 1896.
- The event of 125th Anniversary celebrations of ‘Prabuddha Bharata’ will be organized by Advaita Ashrama, Mayavati.
- Prabuddha Bharata journal has served as a major medium for spreading the message of the country’s ancient spiritual wisdom.
- The publication of the Prabuddha Bharata journal began from Madras (Now Chennai). The journal was published in Chennai for 2 years and after that its publication was moved to Almora.
- After this, the place of publication of the journal was again shifted to Advaita Ashrama in April 1899.
- Since then the magazine has been continuously published from Advaita Ashrama.
- Many great personalities have contributed to the journal. Some of them are Bal Gangadhar Tilak, Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, Former President Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, Sri Aurobindo, Sister Nivedita, etc.
- The Advaita Ashrama is also working towards bringing the entire ‘Prabuddha Bharata’ archive in online mode on its website.
Advaita Ashrama, Mayavati was founded in the year 1899 as a branch of the Ramakrishna Math. It is located in Uttarakhand.