Prime Minster to Inaugurate India Energy Forum by CERAWeek
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will inaugurate the India Energy Forum by CERAWeek that will be held between October 26, 2020 to October 28, 2020. The forum is in its fourth year and is hosted by IHS Markit.
- The event will be inviting international group of speakers and delegates.
- Community of a thousand delegates from India will also be joining.
- Other participants include- regional energy companies, energy-related industries, institutions and governments.
- The energy ministers, senior industry executives and leading national and international energy experts would be the prime speakers at the event.
Key topics of the event
The speakers would be throwing lights on the topics including –
- The Impact of the pandemic on India’s future energy demand, Securing supplies for India’s economic growth,
- The pace of innovation: Biofuel, hydrogen, CCS, electric vehicles and digital transformation
- What does energy transition and the climate agenda mean for India?,
- Natural Gas in India’s Energy Mix: What’s the path?,
- Market and regulatory reform: What is ahead?
- Refining & petrochemicals: Strategies midst surplus
Significance of the forum
India Energy Forum by CERAWeek will be providing unique opportunity for the energy industry across the world. It will provide an opportunity to hear directly from political leaders, policymakers and industry leaders. The forum would be talking about what lies ahead in the world of energy globally and in India.
IHS Markit established its first center in India in 2005. Presently, it has more than 3,600 employees. It covers four states namely, Delhi- National Capital Region (NCR), Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Mumbai. India is represented as the largest employee base outside the United States and the United Kingdom. It works in the sectors including energy and natural resources, automotive, financial markets, maritime and trade , and engineering and product design. HIS provides critical information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. It has been headquartered in London and has committed to sustainable and profitable growth.