‘RE-INVEST’ stands for Renewable Energy Investors Meet & Expo. RE-Invest is a global platform aimed at exploring strategies of deployment and development of renewables. It displays the efforts of the Indian Government and India’s clean energy market in scaling up capacity to meet the national energy demand in economically, ecologically and socially sustainable ways. The meet is organized by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) under the Government of India.
- The third global edition of RE-INVEST meet has been virtually inaugurated by PM Modi. The meet will be held from November 26-28, this year, on a virtual platform.
- Several world leaders, Energy Ministers of 70 countries and 200 speakers are taking part in the event. It will include 50,000 delegates and more than 1000 global industry leaders.
- The 3-day conference on renewables and future energy choices is being held on the theme of ‘Innovations for Sustainable Energy Transition’.
- The Meet aims to connect global investors with Indian energy stakeholders and expedite worldwide effort to develop renewable energy.
- All leading companies will display their latest technological development in the field of renewable energy.
- India has made an investment 64 billion dollar in the renewable energy sector in the last 5 to 6 years.
- India has set up a target of achieving 175GW of renewable energy by the year 2022 and 450GW by 2030.
First two editions of RE-INVEST
The first RE-INVEST meet was held in the year 2015 in New Delhi and the second edition was held in 2018 in Greater Noida. RE-INVEST 2015 was attended by more than 200 investors, 350 exhibitors, and 1000 delegates. RE-INVEST 2018 hosted the 2nd Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) Renewable Energy Ministerial Meet and the 1st Assembly of International Solar Alliance (ISA).
International Solar Alliance (ISA)
ISA is an alliance working towards efficient consumption of solar energy and reducing dependence on fossil fuels. The alliance was initiated by India and inaugurated in the year 2016 jointly by French President François Hollande and Indian PM Narendra Modi. It has 121 member countries and is headquartered in Gurugram, Haryana.
Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA)
It is an organisation of 22 members aimed at strengthening cooperation and sustainable development in the Indian Ocean Region.
No comments yet.