Fit India Walkathon
October 31 is the birth anniversary of the legend Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. On this occasion Union Sports Minister of India Kiren Rijiju has flagged off 200 km long Fit India Walkathon at Jaisalmer in Rajasthan. It was organised under Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
Key Facts about Walkathon
- The walkathon, a three day event was organised by the Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and also joined by central armed police forces (CAPF) personnel for 200 km long march.
- The long march will last for three days (day and night) paralleled to India Pakistan border.
- The Walkathon aims to promote and inspire the people of India for the fitness.
- The long march is the part of Fit India Movement.
- Along with the Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), officers from various forces have also joined the march such as central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), National Security Guard (NSG), Border Security Force (BSF), National disaster Relief Force (NDRF) and Assam Rifles.
- Fit India Walkathon would help create awareness about fit and healthy lifestyle in India.
- The vision is to make a Fit India Movement into people’s Movement.
- The march was organised on the backdrop of the even called ‘Fit India Freedom run’, in which people participated in massive amount.
Fit India Freedom Run
It was organised by under Fit India Movement from August 15 to October 2. It aimed to motivate the people of India towards their fitness that would help to get relief from stress, laziness, anxiety, obesity etc. All the citizens of India, who are over the age of 18 years, can participate into this run. It is a run of individual choice. He or she can run anytime and anywhere.
No comments yet.