Suneet Sharma: New Railway Board Chairman and CEO
Suneet Sharma took over as the new Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Railway Board and ex-officio Principal Secretary to the Government of India.
- Suneet’s appointment has been approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet.
- Suneet Sharma has succeeded Vinod Kumar Yadav.
- Before this, Suneet was the General Manager of the Eastern Railway.
- He joined the Indian Railways in the year 1979 as a Special Class Apprentice.
- A Mechanical and Electrical Engineering graduate, Suneet has over 40 years of experience in the Indian Railways while serving different roles.
- He played an important role in manufacturing narrow gauge locomotives for hill railways while being Chief Workshop Manager, Parel workshop in Mumbai.
- He was also the part of the team which put the suburban network after the Mumbai 2006 train blasts.
- He also set a record by doubling the out turn of the modern passenger coaches in one year while being the General Manager of Raebareli Modern Coach Factory.
Suneet has won various professional awards in his career. Modern Coach Factory Raebareli won the best production unit award while Suneet was the General Manager. Similarly, Banaras Locomotive Works won the best production unit with Suneet being the Chief Mechanical Engineer.