UP secured first rank in disbursing loans under PM Swanidhi Scheme.
Uttar Pradesh government has secured the first rank in central government’s PM Atmanirbhar Nidhi Scheme (SVANidhi Scheme) by approving the highest number of loans under the scheme.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will distribute loans to around 3 lakh beneficiaries.
- Uttar Pradesh has ranked first in all the categories including Applications, Sanctions and Disbursements of the loans.
- 6,22,167 applications were received under the scheme out of which sanctions were given to 3,46,150 applicants. Loans were disbursed to 2,26,728 beneficiaries.
- Seven cities from Uttar Pradesh have find place in the list of top 10 cities of the country.
- Varanasi, Lucknow and Aligarh are the top three cities in the list and the cities of Allahabad, Gorakhpur, Ghaziabad and Kanpur have also secured positions.
The central government launched the scheme on June 1, 2020. It was launched in order to help the street vendors to resume their livelihood activities that were impacted COVID-19 lockdown. The scheme is aimed at providing working capital loan up to Rs. 10,000 at a subsidized rate of interest. It is also aimed at providing benefits to street vendors or hawkers in urban, pre-urban and rural areas.