What is Electronic “Pension Payment Order”?
Electronic “Pension Payment Order” (PPO) has been recently introduced. As per the Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Minister Jitendra Singh electronic PPO will ease of living of the senior citizens.
- The electronic PPO has been introduced after addressing the problems faced by the senior citizens in cases when their original PPO copies get displaced.
- Department of Pensions was receiving various such complaints of misplacing of original Pension Payment Order and how to get them again.
- The Department of Pensions has successfully introduced Electronic PPO during the COVID-19.
- Also, the entire process of electronic PPO was accomplished way before the targeted time.
- Now, the Department of Pensions and Pensioners’ Welfare is planning to integrate the electronic PPO generated through the PFMS application of Controller General of Accounts with Digi-locker.
- This will allow the pensioner to get a print of his latest PPO from the Digi-locker account.
It is a digital locker or safe provided by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) under the Digital India campaign. It was initially released in December 2015. It is digital storage provided to every Aadhaar holder in the country for accessing documents like vehicle registration, driving license, educational mark sheet in digital format from the original issuers of these certificates.