Hospital Management Information System Launched by Indian Railways
Indian Railways has launched the Hospital Management Information System (HMIS). This information system will provide a better health care facilities to its work force.
HMIS Trial Project
The system will make use of the information technology to develop the information system. HMIS Trial Project has been launched for the South Central Railway zone. The project will bring a paradigm shift in the health care systems that is maintained by Indian Railways. The system will improve the quality of health services and it will aid in the utilization of resources in a transparent manner. This system has been developed by the Indian Railways in coordination with RailTel Corporation Limited.
Significance of the Project
This project is significant because-
- It will minimize the Patients waiting time at the hospitals.
- It will make available the medical records to the team of doctors at all times.
- Through this project, the Indian Railways will economize the drug management.
- The system will help the railways to better utilize the resource management.
- The system will help in integrating the headquarter hospitals and ancillary centres.
- The project will comprise of 20 modules thus will benefit the medical fraternity and hospital beneficiaries.
Key Objectives of the project
The project has been launched with an objective of providing a single-window clearance to the hospital administration activity including the clinical, Pharmacy, diagnostics, examinations and industrial health. The system will also effectively manage all the health facilities and monitor the performance of hospitals in the administrative channel. The system also seeks to impart the quality health care services for its beneficiaries and will also improve the patient turn-around time.