11 Indian Companies, led by Reliance, in 2020 Hurun Global 500
The Hurun Global 500 report has been released recently. As per the report, 11 private Indian companies have been included in the list of Hurun’s 500 most valuable companies in the world.
- India has been ranked 10th on the chart with 11 companies on the list.
- The 11 Indian companies included in the list have grown by 14% and has been pegged at $805 billion.
- Reliance Industries is the top Indian company on the list with a 20.5% increase in valuation to $168.8 billion as of December 1, 2020.
- The global rank of Reliance industries on the Hurun 500 list is 54th.
- The second-most valuable Indian company on the list is Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) which saw an increase of around 30% in valuation during the year to take its value to $139 billion.
- TCS has been ranked 73rd on the list.
- HDFC Bank valuation increased by 11.5% to $107.5 billion; Hindustan Lever reached $68.2 billion with an increase of 3.3% in value; Infosys rose to $66 billion with 56.6% increase; HDFC Ltd reached $56.4 billion gaining 2.1% in its valuation and Kotak Mahindra Bank is at $50.6 billion with an increase of 16.8% in valuation.
- ICICI Bank saw a decrease in its valuation by 0.5% to reach $45.6 billion. The bank has been placed at 316th rank in the global rankings.
- ITC’s valuation decreased by 22% to reach $32.6 billion and it is the 480th company on the list of 500.
The Hurun list of 500 is topped by technology major Apple. The company has a valuation of $2.1 trillion. Apple is followed by Microsoft and Amazon in the list valued at $1.6 trillion.
242 US companies are on the list of 500; China has 51 companies on the list and Japan has 30 companies.