Why “Operation sard Hawa” has been launched?
Recently the Border Security Force (BSF) has launched the “Operation Sard Hawa” in the western border of Rajasthan. The operation has been launched with the Objective to keep a check on the instances of infiltration because of dense fog in the region. The region surrounding the borders have faced the instances of the infiltration because of dense fog during the winters several time in the past. Thus, this operation becomes significant to enhance the patrolling in the entire region.
About “Operation Sard Hawa”
- This operation has been launched by the BSF ahead of the Republic day.
- The operation will be into force till January 27, 2021.
- It has been launched to provide an enhanced security in the region in the backdrop of dense fog and the Republic day.
- Under the operation, the BSF will keep eyes on the India’s international border with Pakistan.
- BSF will patrol the region surrounding the border with advanced weapons in the police station, under the operation.
- For this purpose, the number of jawans have been increased.
- For the successful completion of the operation, the BSF will tie up with the intelligence wing of Border Security Force.
- Under the operation, the BSF will also be monitoring the borders through advanced vehicles apart from the foot point trekking.
- Thus, when the operation is force, chances of infiltration will become negligible because the force will keep a check on trekking paths, vehicles, camels and pedestrian as well.
About Border Security Force
The Border Security Force of India is the “First line of Defence” that protects the Indian Territories at the international borders. This force was established in the year 1965 during the Indo-Pakistan war. The force is engaged in enhancing the security to reduce the infiltration. The force is headed by an officer from Indian Police Service. It also assists the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and the Indian Army during the counter-insurgency operations.