2020 State of the Education Report for India: Vocational Education First
The ‘State of the Education Report for India 2020: Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET), was launched UNESCO in New Delhi. The event was attended by over 400 attendees.
- This is the second edition of the State of Education Report.
- The report focuses on technical and vocational education and training (TVET).
- The Report is aimed at supporting the Government of India which has announced the skills development as a national priority under the Skill India Mission.
- It provides an overview about the present capacity for TVET provision by the short-term and long-term courses.
- The report also discusses the previous education policies
Recommendations by the report
The report provides ten recommendations as stated under:
- To place learners at the centre of vocational education and training programmes
- To create an appropriate ecosystem for teachers and trainers.
- To focus on upskilling, re-skilling and lifelong learnings.
- To ensure inclusive access to TVET for women and differently abled.
- To expand the digitalization of vocational education and training.
- To support local communities in order to provide them livelihoods.
- To align with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- To deploy innovative models of financing TVET.
- To expand the evidence-based research to do better planning and monitoring.
- To establish a robust coordinating mechanism for the inter-ministerial cooperation.
Who has developed the report?
It has been developed by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai under the guidance of UNESCO, New Delhi. American India Foundation (AIF) is the technical and financial partner that has committed to improving the lives of India’s underprivileged.