COVID Vaccine Intelligence Network (Co-WIN)
COVID Vaccine Intelligence Network (Co-WIN) is the digital platform developed by the Indian Government for the Covid-19 Vaccination Delivery programme. As per the COVID-19 operational guidelines by the Health Ministry, the priority population above the age of 50 years will be identified using the latest electoral roll for Lok Sabha and Legislative Assembly elections. This has been mentioned in the 113-page operational guidelines on the COVID-19 vaccine released by the Ministry of Health.
Key Points for UPSC Prelims
- As per the COVID-operational guidelines released by the Health Ministry, the COVID Vaccine Intelligence Network (Co-WIN) system will be used to track the enlisted beneficiaries and the COVID-19 vaccines on a real-time basis.
- As per the ministry guidelines, only pre-registered people will be vaccinated and no on-the-spot registrations will be allowed.
- The vaccine will be provided to healthcare workers first, followed by frontline workers and people above 50 years and finally people below 50 years.
- 100 people will be vaccinated in one session as per the priority.
- The team for the vaccination campaign will include a vaccinator officer, doctors, staff nurse, support staff, and pharmacist.
- A mobile app named ‘CoWin-20’ is also being developed, to record COVID-19 vaccine data, to form a database of healthcare workers, and for the registration for the vaccine.
- The CoWin-20 app will also send real-time data from the cold-storage facilities that store Covid-19 vaccines.
- A similar facility called Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network (eVIN) system was launched earlier. The app may be an extension of the system.
Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network (eVIN)
Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network (eVIN) is a technology that is being used to identify the major beneficiaries and network for providing the Covid-19 vaccine. Its main is to strengthen the immunization supply chain systems. It was first launched in the year 2015 in 12 states.
Written by IAS POINT