Atal Beemit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana extended.
The ESIC has extended the Atal Beemit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana from July 2020 to June 2021.
Atal Beemit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana
The ESI Corporation had launched this scheme in July 2019. Under the scheme, if an Insured Person (IP) is rendered unemployed, the government provides relief to the extent of 25% of the average per day earning. The earning is counted for the previous four contribution periods. The relief is provided to the maximum of 90 days of unemployment once in lifetime.
The relief is provided to the insured persons under following conditions:
- The Insured Person should have been rendered unemployed during the period he has claimed the relief.
- The person should have been in insurable employment for a minimum period of two years.
- Further, The Insured Person should have contributed for 78 days during each of the preceding four contribution periods.
- His contributions should have been paid or payable by the employer.
- Contingency of the unemployment should not be the result of any punishment for misconduct or voluntary retirement.
- Aadhar and Bank Account should be linked with insured person data base.
- In case the person is working for more than one employers, he will be considered unemployed only in case he is unemployed with all employers.
- The person shall not be entitled to any other cash compensation and the Relief under ABVKY simultaneously for the same period as per the Section 65 of the ESI Act.
- Under Section 61 of the ESI Act, the person who is in receipt of Relief under ABVKY will not be entitled to receive any similar benefit under the provisions of any other enactment.
- The insured person will be eligible for Medical benefit for the period he is availing this relief.