AYUSH Ministry’s Common Yoga Protocol (CYP)
Ministry of AYUSH has been taking various steps to promote yoga and create awareness among the people. One such step was the Common Yoga Protocol (CYP). Now, the preparations for the 2021 Yoga Day has begun with an online training programme on Common Yoga Protocol.
- The AYUSH Ministry has been organizing the Common Yoga Protocol (CYP) – Yoga Appreciation Programme (YAP) in association with the Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY).
- This Common Yoga Protocol (CYP) – Yoga Appreciation Programme will start from February 2021 and will continue till June 2021.
- The programme will commence on the 1st of every month at 7.00 am during this period.
- The CYP training will have four levels. The total duration of the programme is 24 days (36 hours).
- No participation fee is for the programme. However, a fee of Rs 250 will be charged for volunteer certification by YCB.
- The event will be live-streamed on different social media platforms on MoAYUSH, MDNIY, CCRYN, and NIN.
- The medium of instruction of the programme will be Hindi and English.
- The main aim of the programme is to create awareness about Yoga among people and to promote positive health through Yoga.
International Yoga Day
The International Day of Yoga was started in the year 2015 after its inception in the UN General Assembly in the year 2014. Since then June 21 is being celebrated as the International Day of Yoga every year. In India, Yoga Day celebrations are led by PM Modi since then.