Dr. Harsh Vardhan launches ‘Ayush Standard Treatment Protocol’
The Union Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan launched the Ayush Standard Treatment Protocol at an event held on October 6, 2020 via video conference. The protocol comprises the self-care guidelines on preventive health measures that will help in protecting against COVID-19 pandemic.
- The health minister also greet the up-gradation of the protocols by the AYUSH Ministry.
- This upgradation has been done in sync with Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
- The Union Health Minister stated while launching the protocol that the modern systems of medicine have their own strengths because, they have made medicines and operations available which in turn have helped in making people’s lives better.
- He also cited that Ayurveda is an ancient science of our country and the oldest knowledge base. As per a believe, its origin lies in the Atharva Veda.
- He also announced that that preparations for Naturopathy and Yoga are underway.
To conclude, the health minister added that the knowledge needs to be presented to the world and rejuvenated using scientific methods besides highlighting the significance of the Ayurveda. He said, even during the COVID-19 pandemic, he received inquiries for more kadhas and herbs that helps in boosting immunity. This shows the importance of Ayurveda even present age.