India to host 19th SCO Heads of Government Meet
India is all set to host the virtual meeting of the Heads of the Government of the eight-member Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) bloc for the first time on November 30, 2020.
- From China Side, Premier Li Keqiang would attend the 19th meeting of the council.
- The meeting would be held under the chairmanship of India.
Agenda of the meeting
- The leaders including Li will hold the in-depth communication and exchange of deepening the SCO cooperation in the midst of COVID-19 pandemic.
- The leaders would also build more consensus on cooperation.
- They would formulate more practical measures seeking the greater synergy between the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) cooperation, national development strategies and regional cooperation initiatives.
- They will further discuss the measures so as to enhance the economic, trade, investment, capacity of production, connectivity, culture and people to people cooperation.
- They would also have a talk on pushing the national economic recovery and improving the livelihood of the people.
- They would also held talk on promoting the faster and better development of SCO.
Other meeting by the SCO leaders
Russia recently on November 10, 2020, had organized the heads of state summit of the SCO virtually. The summit was attended by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Chinese President Xi Jinping. The meeting was attended by heads of all the 8 Member States namely, Russia, India, China, Pakistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. This was the third meeting that India participated as full member. The Summit ended with the adoption of Moscow Declaration. It had a statements about the Commemoration of the 75th Anniversary of World War II, Countering the Drug Threat, Digital Economy, Countering the Spread of Terrorism and COVID-19.