IRCTC’s Online Bus Booking Services
The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC) has launched its online bus booking service. As per IRCTC, the online bus booking service is live since January 29 and is available for users.
- IRCTC has launched its online bus booking service with an aim to become the first government ‘One Stop Shop Travel Portal’ of the country.
- IRCTC has been providing the online rail and flight ticketing facility and now bus booking has also been introduced.
- As per IRCTC, the service will also be integrated with the IRCTC Mobile-app by the first week of March.
- This will also enable the users to book bus tickets through Mobile too.
- In a statement, IRCTC announced that it has joined hands with over 50,000 state road transport as well as private bus operators across 22 states and 3 union territories for offering online bus booking services to the customers.
- The online bus booking service will allow the customers to see different available buses and choose the appropriate bus for their travel.
- The service will provide the complete details of the route, facilities, ratings, reviews, and images of the buses.
- Other than this, the customers will also be able to choose their pick-up and drop points and timings and finally book their bus.
- The buses will be available at a reasonable price and payment can be done in online mode and e-wallet. There will be discounts for e-wallets too.
It is a PSU offering catering, ticketing, and tourism services to the Indian Railways. It was established in the year 1999.