National Startup Awards 2021 – Key Facts
Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) has announced to launch of the second edition of the National startup Awards 2021. The department has now invited applications from the startups for the award. The applications for the National Startup Awards 2021 can be submitted by January 31, 2021.
- Many new categories have been added in the National Startup Awards 2021 acknowledging the initiatives and efforts of the startups during the pandemic.
- Startups promoting AatmaNirbhar Bharat with indigenous products will also be considered.
- The 2021 awards will be given in 15 sectors divided into 49 areas.
- The 15 sectors are- Animal Husbandry, Agriculture, Drinking Water, Energy, Enterprise Systems, Environment, Education and Skill Development, FinTech, Health and Wellness, Industry 4.0, Food Processing, Space, Security, Transport and Travel.
- In addition to this, 6 special awards will be given to startups for the potential for import substitution, educational institutions, women entrepreneurs, making an impact in rural areas, content delivery in Indic languages, and innovation for combatting COVID-19.
- Exceptional accelerator and incubator will also be rewarded for being the building block of a startup.
- A cash prize of Rs 5 lakh each will be given to the startup in each area.
- The winner and two runners up will also be given a chance to present their product to the authorities.
- They will also be given preference for participation in different national and international startup events.
- A cash prize of Rs 15 lakh each will be given to one winning accelerator and one winning incubator.
National Startup Awards
DPIIT started the National Startup Awards in the year 2019 with an aim to reward outstanding startups. The award is given to startups that build innovative products and demonstrate measurable social impact.