Ramayan Cruise Service to be Launched on River Saryu
Minister of Ports, Shipping and Waterways, Shri Mansukh Mandariya, chaired a review meeting on December 1, 2020. In the meeting it was announced that the ‘Ramayan Cruise Tour’ will soon be launched on the Saryu river in Ayodhya.
- This is going to be the first-ever luxury Cruise service on the Saryu river, in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh.
- The cruise service will be launched on the Ghagra/National Waterways-40.
- The cruise service is being launched with an aim to provide mesmerizing experience to the devotees.
- It is one-of-its-kind spiritual journeys.
- The service will cruise through the famous ghats of the holy river Saryu.
Features of the Cruise
- The cruise has been equipped with all the luxury comfort and facilities.
- It is following all the essential safety and security features and complying with the global standard.
- The interiors of the cruise and the boarding point is based on the Ramcharitmanas Theme.
- The fully air-conditioned 80-seater cruise have large glass windows and has been equipped with kitchen and pantry facilities.
- The cruise have bio toilets and hybrid engines system so it will have ‘zero effect’ on environment.
There will be a Ramcharitmanas tour of 1-1.5 hour duration. It will feature a video film of 45-60 minutes duration that will be based on Ramcharitmanas of Goswami Tulsidas. It will cover story from the birth of Lord Ram to his Rajyabhishek. Entire tour is of 15-16 kilometers distance. The tour will be followed by Saryu Aarti.
The tour will attract a large number of tourists. It will also generate direct and indirect employment opportunities.
Ayodhya is the birthplace of Lord Ram as per the great Indian epic Ramayan. The city is also the first of the seven most important pilgrimage sites that is Mokshdayini Sapt Puris for the Hindus. As per the data of Uttar Pradesh tourism, 2 crore tourists visit Ayodhya every year.