Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 3rd Global Renewable Energy Investment Meeting and Expo called as the “RE-INVEST 2020” on November 26, 2020.
- The conference seeks the support of investors to investing in clean energy in India.
- RE-Invest also send signals to the global renewable community about India’s commitment on the development and scaling up of renewable energy. It shows India’s commitment to meet its energy requirements in a sustainable manner.
- Ministerial Delegations from other countries and global industry leaders will participate in the event.
- The event comprise of 6 focused country sessions, 20 plenary and technical sessions and a special Chief Ministerial plenary session.
- Partner countries for the RE-INVEST 2020 – Australia, France, Denmark, Maldives, Germany, the United Kingdom, European Union and US agencies.
- Partner states include- Himachal Pradesh, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Tamil Nadu.
The RE-Invest conference comprise of a two-day virtual conference on renewables and future energy choices. It will also organise an exhibition of manufacturers, Investors, developers and innovators who are engaged in the clean energy sector. The conference would also provide an opportunity to various countries, states, business houses and organizations to showcase their strategies, achievements and expectations in the field of renewable energy. The conference further facilitate the collaboration and cooperation with key stakeholders in India.
India’s Renewable Energy Market
India has emerged as one of the world’s largest renewable energy markets in the present time. India has set a target of generating 175GW of renewable energy by 2022 and 450GW of renewable energy by 2030. In India, over Rs 4.7 lakh crore have been invested in the last 6 years. Thus, India has become a country of preferred destination for investment in clean energy. Solar energy capacity in the country has also increased 13 times. The share of non-fossil fuel energy sources has increased to 136 GW, or about 36 per cent of our total capacity.