Strategic Policy and Facilitation Bureau- to be set up by AYUSH ministry and Invest India.
The Ministry of AYUSH and Invest India has planned to set up “Strategic Policy and Facilitation Bureau (SPFB)”. The bureau will facilitate systematic growth of AYUSH sector.
Strategic Policy and Facilitation Bureau
The Bureau will make AYUSH systems future ready. It would support the AYUSH ministry to make strategic and policy making initiatives in order to initiate the growth and investment of the AYUSH sector. Invest India and the Ministry of AYUSH will jointly define the short- and long-term targets. The Bureau would also be deploying trained experts in order to implement and execute the plans of the ministry. The SPFB is of great significance at the time of Covid-19 pandemic which is leaving indelible imprints in the health-seeking behaviors of people around the world.
Functions of SPFB
SPFB undertakes the following activities or functions:
- Knowledge Creation and Management,
- Strategic & Policy-Making Support,
- State Policy Bench marking- to formulate uniform guidelines or regulations on AYUSH sector in India,
- Investment Facilitation:- To facilitate the investment cases and MoUs and to coordinate among different Department, organisations and States.
- To include project monitoring for Inter-Ministerial Groups and Skill Development Initiatives.
- To set up Strategic Intelligence Research Unit and to initiate an Innovation Program.
Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency. It is a non-profit organization constituted under the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP). It is also associated with the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
Functions of Invest India
Invest India highlights the state-specific and sector-specific information to foreign investors and assists Indian investors to provide information about investment opportunities across the world.