TRIFOOD Parks to be Set up in M.P
Cooperative body TRIFED (Tribal Co-operative Marketing Federation of India) has recently signed an agreement with the Akhil Bhartiya Vanvasi Kalyan Kendra to set up TRIFOOD Parks in 5 districts of Madhya Pradesh.
- TRIFED works under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs while Akhil Bhartiya Vanvasi Kalyan Kendra is an organization that has been working for the welfare of tribals in Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, and Jharkhand since the year 1952.
- The agreement for setting up 5 TRIFOOD parks was signed between TRIFED Managing Director Pravir Krishna and Akhil Bhartiya Vanvasi Ashram General Secretary Yogesh Bapat.
- TRIFOOD are the food processing parks that are being set up under the joint initiative of TRIFED, the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, and the Ministry of the food processing industry.
- The initiative was launched in August 2020 under Van Dhan Yojana.
- Engagement of TRIFED with VanvasiKalyan Ashram will ensure providing earning opportunity to the tribals by engaging them in different economic activities like horticulture, agriculture, floriculture, Medicinal & Aromatic plants, etc., and go beyond Minor Forest Produces.
- Both the organizations will work together and undertake various initiatives for the implementation of the Van DhanYojana and for improving the livelihood of tribal people.
- VanvasiKalyan Ashram will form new Van DhanKendras in tribal areas by identifying Self Help Groups and will organize training, build infrastructure, provide machinery and all other support.
Van Dhan Yojana
Van Dhan Yojana was launched in the year 2018 as a joint initiative of the Tribal Affairs Ministry and TRIFED with an aim to increase the income of tribals through value addition in the tribal products.