UP’s Kisan Kalyan Mission – Highlights
The Uttar Pradesh Government has launched a special mission named ‘Kisan Kalyan Mission’. The mission has been launched with an aim to double the income of the farmers of the state.
- Kisan Kalyan Mission was launched from the Sarojininagar development block of Lucknow city.
- This is a 3-week long mission that will be organized in each and every development block of all the districts of the state.
- Different state departments like Mandi Parishad, Horticulture, animal husbandry, food and supply, sugarcane, Panchayati Raj, fisheries, etc. will together for this mission.
- Various programs will be organized for the farmers under the mission.
- Programs will include exhibitions, seminars, etc. of agriculture and other sectors including the products from MSME and livelihood missions.
- Under the mission, various meetings will be conducted for farmers. In these meetings, scientists, progressive farmers, and the workers associated with the Agriculture Department will explain the importance of scientific farming to the farmers.
- Information related to various schemes of the government will also be provided to the farmers during the meetings.
Under the Kisan Kalyan Mission, the state government will also select 100 progressive farmers in each district of the state and facilitate them. The agriculture department of the state is the nodal department for the mission which will coordinate with all other departments.