What is ARTPARK?
An AI & Robotics Technologies Park (ARTPARK) has been set up in Bengaluru recently. The ARTPARK will promote the technology innovations in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Robotics that have several societal impact.
- It is a joint initiative of the Indian Institute of Science and AI Foundry.
- It has been set up as a Section 8 company that is a Not for Profit company.
- The Department of Science and Technology has also granted funds for its establishment under the National Mission on Inter-disciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems (NM-ICPS).
- The ARTPARK is a premier research translation park that comprise of a global collaborative ecosystem.
- It is being setup as a Robert Bosch Centre for Cyber-Physical Systems at IISc.
- The technological park has been set to boost the AI & Robotics in a mission-driven model so as to bring better quality of life to the people.
- This has been set with an objective to lower the cost of living with AI and robotics.
- It seeks to ensure a better quality of life for everyone and to improve the access to AI awareness and education.
National Mission on Inter-disciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems (NM-ICPS)
This National Mission has been launched with an aim to create a strong foundation and a seamless ecosystem for Cyber Physical Systems (CPS) technologies. It coordinate and integrate the nationwide efforts to encompass the knowledge generation, human resource development, research, technology and product development.
Cyber Physical Systems (CPS)
CPS are a new class of engineered systems. It integrate the computation and physical processes in a dynamic environment. CPS caters to the technology areas of Cybernetics, Mechatronics, Design and Embedded systems, Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data and Artificial Intelligence (AI).