Andy Jassy: Next CEO of Amazon
Andy Jassy will replace Jeff Bezos as the new chief executive officer (CEO) of Amazon.com. Jassy has been working at Amazon since 1997.
- Andy joined Amazon in the year 1997 after graduating from Harvard Business School.
- He has worked as a technical assistant for Bezos in the early 2000s and was instrumental in leading the company’s push outside of book sales.
- In the year 2006, Jassy founded Amazon’s AWS, Amazon’s cloud service platform used by millions of businesses across the world. The service competes with Alphabet Inc’s Google Cloud and Microsoft Corp’s Azure.
- Jassy has also spoken on social issues and in favor of LGBTQ rights.
- He is also a sports fan and part-owner of the new Seattle National Hockey League franchise, the Kraken.
Amazon is an American multinational company focusing on cloud computing, e-commerce, artificial intelligence, and digital streaming. It was founded by Jeff Bezos in the year 1994. It is one of the Big 5 Information technology companies in the US. It is headquartered in Seattle, Washington D.C.