Assam’s Chah Bagicha Dhan Puraskar Scheme
The third phase of Chah Bagicha Dhan Puraskar Mela will be held on February 6 in Guwahati. The Chah Bagicha Dhan Puraskar Mela will be attended by the Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- Sitharaman will be the Chief Guest of the event.
- During the event, the Assam government will distribute Rs 3000 financial assistance each to nearly 7.5 lakh people belonging to tea garden areas under the Chah Bagicha Dhan Puraskar scheme.
- Finance Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma and Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal will also attend the event.
- The Chah Bagicha Dhan Puraskar scheme was started by the state government started in the year 2017- 18. As of now, Rs 5000 had been deposited to bank account holders in tea garden areas in two phases under this scheme.
- The Assam government took initiative to open bank accounts in tea garden areas after demonetization.
- On February 3, the Morigaon district administration has distributed the allotment letters to 1,478 beneficiaries.
Science City in Assam
Recently, Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal laid the foundation stone of the Science City in Tepesia near Guwahati, Assam. The total cost of building the city is Rs. 184 crores.
Assam Rifles Public School (ARPS)
The Union Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju recently launched the Assam Rifles Public School (ARPS) in Shillong. It has been launched as a Khelo India Sports School.