First Virtual Expo for R&D in Processed Food Sector
The Ministry of Food Processing Industries is organizing the first virtual Expo for research and development in the field of processed food. The Expo will showcase various R&D Projects that are supported by the Ministry of premier Food Technology Institutions of India.
- The First Virtual Expo 2021 for R&D in the processed food sector will be organized from January 20 to 22, 2021.
- The virtual Expo was inaugurated by Rameswar Teli, MoS, Ministry of Food Processing Industries.
- The Event Partner of this Expo is the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI).
- An R&D portal was also launched at the event. This portal will be a collection of various research work done by different institutions across the country.
- At present, the R&D portal has around 200 research projects.
- The Expo will display R&D and innovation in the food processing sector by premier Food Technology Institutions of the country like IITs, NIFTE, CFTRI, IIFPT, and ICAR.
- The major areas of focus would be displaying R&D projects consisting of categories such as Innovations in Food Engineering, Novel Food Products, Food Packaging Solutions, Food Safety & Quality Evaluations, and Food Industry Waste Utilization.
FICCI i.e. Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry is an advocacy group and trade association ( non-governmental ) formed in the year 1927. It is headquartered in New Delhi, India.