International Monolithic Conference- EDUCON 2020
Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ inaugurated the Virtual International Akhand Conference ‘EDUCON 2020’.
- EDUCON 2020 is a 2-day International Conference that is being organized by the Central University of Punjab, Bathinda (CUPB) in association with the Global Educational Research Association (GERA).
- The main theme of the international conference is “Envisioning Education for Transforming Youth to Restore Global Peace”.
- EDUCON 2020 will spread the message to students and researchers across the world that the research is a 24X7 exercise and it needs strong determination.
- The conference will bring transformational change in the field of education by helping the teachers to get more familiar with different technologies and their functioning.
- EDUCON 2020 will provide a platform to educationists and researchers for sharing their views on the implementation of the recommendations of the National Education Policy-2020.
- The Conference will see scholars from Thailand, the United Kingdom, the USA, Canada, Australia, and Bhutan.
- All these countries and India would discuss the ten subthemes of the main theme for 31 hours. It is the first of its kind conference in the country where scholars from different nations would have dialogue sessions continuously for 31 hours.
- These sessions will explore the possibilities of the use of Information and communications technology in higher education.
EDUCON 2020 will also provide a platform for discussions and dialogues on the latest trends in education- developing disruptive technologies for STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) Education, the scenario of higher education and school education by 2050, training youth for strategic future jobs in Universities, etc.