Odisha: Toshali National Crafts Mela
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has inaugurated the annual Toshali National Crafts Mela in Bhubaneswar on January 21. The Crafts Mela was inaugurated virtually.
- All the visitors to the Toshali National Crafts Mela have been advised to follow the Covid-19 norms.
- The Toshali Crafts Mela has become one of the most popular handlooms and handicrafts fairs in Eastern India.
- Three artisans were also presented with the State Handicrafts Award-2019 in the event.
- Three winners are- Dilip Kumar Swain (palm leaf engraving), Divyajyoti Behera (stone sculpting)), and Priyanka Patra (terracotta).
- The award was presented by Padmini Dian, MoS, Handlooms, Textiles, and Handicrafts.
- Seven other artisans were awarded the State Kalakruti Award.
- State Kalakruti Award winners are Ronibala Mohapatra (pattachitra), Susant Kumar Das and Nityananda Sa (stone sculpting), Suresh Chandra Mohapatra (applique), Nirmal Chandra Das (palm leaf engraving), and Kuni Patra (coir craft).
- A total number of 250 stalls have been set up at the Janata Maidan venue displaying the best handloom and handicrafts from across the country.
- Out of the total, 170 stalls represent Odisha textiles and crafts and 80 stalls are of other states.
Toshali National Crafts Mela is open for the public till February 4 from (2 pm to 9 pm daily).