PM AtmaNirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana and Mission Poshan 2.0
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has announced a new centrally sponsored scheme PM AatmaNirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana and Poshan 2.0 Mission during the Budget 2021.
- A new centrally sponsored scheme PM AatmaNirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana will be launched
- In addition to the National Health Mission (NHM), an outlay of Rs. 64,180 crore over 6 years has been announced for PM AatmaNirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana.
- The interventions of PM AatmaNirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana are-
- Support 17,788 rural and 11,024 urban Health and Wellness Centers.
- PM National Institution for One Health
- 15 Health Emergency Operation Centers and 2 mobile hospitals
- 4 regional National Institutes for Virology
- Integrated public health labs in all districts and 3382 block public health units in 11 states
- Critical care hospital blocks in 602 districts and 12 central institutions
- Strengthening of the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), its 5 regional branches and 20 metropolitan health surveillance units
- Expansion of the Integrated Health Information Portal to all States/UTs to connect all public health labs
- 9 Bio-Safety Level III laboratories
- 17 new Public Health Units and strengthening of 33 existing Public Health Units
- Regional Research Platform for WHO South-East Asia Region
Mission Poshan 2.0
Poshan 2.0 Mission will be launched to improve nutritional content, outreach, delivery, and outcome. It will merge the Poshan Abhiyan and the Supplementary Nutrition Programme. This mission is adopted to improve nutritional outcomes across 112 Aspirational Districts.