ASEAN India Hackathon 2021
The Union Education Minister has addressed the inaugural ceremony of the ASEAN India Hackathon 2021 on February 1. The Ministry of Education has launched the ASEAN India Hackathon 2021.
- The ASEAN-INDIA Hackathon is an initiative by PM Modi and is launched by the Ministry of Education.
- The ASEAN India Hackathon 2021 is being conducted virtually from February 1 to 3, 2021.
- The prize distribution ceremony will be held on February 4, 2021.
- It will be a hackathon of 36 hours.
- This unique hackathon presents opportunities for India and all the 10 ASEAN countries to improve and strengthen their economic and cultural ties through cooperation in science and technology and education.
- The 10 ASEAN countries are- Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Philippines, Brunei, Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam.
- As of now, the total numbers of registered candidates are 332 and registered mentors are 78.
Participating nations will not compete against each other but will collaborate, which means, each team will have participants from different countries working together during the Hackathon. The list of problem statements for the ASEAN-India Hackathon 2021 will be decided in due course. Some of the suggested areas include agriculture, blue economy, health care, and medical devices, tourism, water, environment, education, and smart cities and campuses.