PM Modi chaired 33rd PRAGATI Interaction
Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired the 33rd PRAGATI interaction on November 25, 2020.
- During the interaction various projects, grievances and programmes were reviewed.
- The projects that were reviews were of the Ministry of Railways, MORTH, DPIIT and Power Ministry.
- These projects costs worth rupees 1.41 lakh crore.
- The projects were related to ten states and union territories namely, Odisha, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, Jammu & Kashmir, Haryana, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Dadra & Nagar Haveli.
- The meeting also took up the grievances related to COVID-19 and to the PM Awas Yojana (Gramin).
- Schemes including the PM SVANidhi, agriculture reforms and development of districts as export hubs were also reviewed.
- The Prime Minister during the meeting asked the States to develop a State Export Strategy.
Pro-active governance and timely implementation (PRAGATI) is an information and communications technology-based platform. The platform was launched in the year 2015. It is an interactive and integrated platform that addresses the grievances of the common man. It also monitor the government projects and schemes. It was designed by the Prime Minister Office (PMO) in coordination with National Informatics Centre.
Aims of PRAGATI platform
The PRAGATI platform aims for the Project implementation, Project monitoring and Grievance redressal.
The platform combines the three technologies including the Digital data management, Video conferencing and Geo-spatial technology. It also brings together the different secretaries of the government of India, States’ Chief Secretaries and the Prime Minister. The PM holds monthly interactions with the secretaries and Chief Secretaries. The meeting takes place on the fourth Wednesday of every month.