PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate India Mobile Congress
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 4th India Mobile Congress (IMC) on December 8, 2020. The summit will conclude on December 10, 2020. It will held under the theme-“inclusive Innovation – Smart, Secure and Sustainable”
About 4th edition
- The 4th edition of the three-day telecom industry event will be held virtually.
- The confirmation for the summit was put forward by the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) DG, Lt Gen SP Kochhar.
- The session would be attended by Reliance Industries Limited Chairman Mukesh Ambani, Bharti Group founder and Chairman Sunil Bharti Mittal, Telecom Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad, Minister of State for Communications and IT Sanjay Dhotre.
- IMC 2020 will attended by 210 national and international speakers. About 150 exhibitors will participate in the event.
- The IMC 2019 had recorded 75,000 visitors, 350 speakers, 350 exhibitors, 56 live 5G demos, 50 thought leadership sessions and participation of over 60 countries.
Significance of the summit
The summit is one of the kind event. It will extend the diversity and open a plethora of opportunities for the Telecom sector.
The India Mobile Congress (IMC)
It is the largest digital technologies forum in India and South Asia. The forum consists of a three-day international conference and a technology exhibition. The event has an vision of being the “leading platform for India’s start-up and technology ecosystem. IMC is known as the “largest digital technology forum in South Asia The IMC event is organised by the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) and the Department of Telecommunications (DoT), Government of India jointly. The forum has been established with an aim to be a platform for industry, businesses, regulators and policy makers so as to discuss and deliberate on critical issues that is affecting the growth and proliferation of the telecom sector as well as technology sector.