Project Neom- Key Facts to Know
The Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, Mohammed bin Salman, have unveiled his latest vision for the future of the country beyond oil. He unveiled his vision of a city having no cars, roads or carbon emissions.
What is the plan?
- The country has planned to for a 170 kilometre-long (106 mile-long) development which will be called “The Line”.
- The Line will be part of the $500 billion project called “Neom”.
- The Construction of the same has been planned to start in the first quarter.
What is The Line?
- The Line as a walkable “belt of hyper-connected future communities”.
- The belt comprises of no cars and roads.
- It will be built around the nature.
- The city will comprise of 1 million residents.
- It will create 380,000 jobs by 2030.
- The total cost for the infrastructure will be in between $100 billion to $200 billion.
- This project is the first major development to be announced within Neom.
What is Project Neom?
- Project Neom is Saudi Arabia’s plan to diversify the economy of the world’s largest crude exporter.
- This project was announced in the year 2017.
- It spans more than 10,000 square miles in a remote area of the northwest Saudi Arabia near the Red Sea, Strait of Tiran and borders of Egypt, Israel and Jordan.
- The project is being describe as “a bold and audacious dream”
- This would become a hub for new technologies and businesses.
- The Neom project has been plagued by the skepticism and political controversy since its launch.
- Project Neom has been planned in the cross-border city of the Tabuk Province of north-western Saudi Arabia.
- First section of the project will be completed by 2025.
Significance of the project
The Neom project has been planned in a way to incorporate the smart city technologies. It will also function as a tourist destination. This planned project will be powered by renewable energy sources completely.
No comments yet.