Revamped Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) by NITI Aayog-Flipkart
A revamped Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) has been recently launched by the NITI Aayog and Flipkart. This revamped platform has been launched to empower and uplift women-led businesses in India.
- The revamped version of the Women Entrepreneurship Platform will include an extra feature for offering mentorship to women with specific knowledge related to a problem area via a dedicated digital mechanism.
- The online mechanism will be facilitated under the ‘Empowering the Greater 50%’ mission’ of FICCI-FLO.
- The WEP will provide a platform for entrepreneurs where they can get information and support and also help each other with any problem.
- The platform will help in providing solutions to their questions and to get clarifications on different aspects of setting businesses and already established businesses.
- This idea of a revamped Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) was first mooted by the NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant in the year 2017.
- FICCI will also provide its support to WEP and NITI Aayog for laying emphasis on improving entrepreneurial and decision-making skills of women- based on mentorship programs.
FICCI i.e. Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry is a trade association and advocacy group that is based in India. It is a non-governmental group. It was formed in the year 1927.