Henley Passport Index 2021 – Highlights
Recently, Henley Passport Index 2021 has been released. The index has been prepared by the Henley & Partners Research Department on the basis of data from the International Air Transport Association (IATA).
- As per the Henley Passport Index 2021, Japan is the country with the most powerful passport in the world.
- Japan has topped the index with a score of 191 visa-free destinations.
- The score of the Henley Passport Index is determined on the basis of the number of destinations that the passport can access without a visa.
- The index has covered data from 110 countries.
- Japan has been followed by Singapore to rank 2nd on the index.
- Germany and South Korea have been jointly ranked at 3rd position with visa-free access to 189 destinations.
- The United States, United Kingdom, Belgium, Switzerland, Norway, and New Zealand have jointly been ranked at the 7th position on the index with visa-free access to 185 destinations.
- Afghanistan has been ranked last on the index i.e. at 110th position with visa-free access to only 26 destinations.
- India has been ranked 85th on the index along with Tajikistan with visa-free access to 58 destinations.
About Henley Passport Index
The Henley Passport Index was started in the year 2006. From 2006 to 2015, some countries have maintained their positions on the index like Italy, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Sweden, and Spain. The top 10 countries on the index have also remained almost identical.