Rs 18,000 crore released under PM-KISAN Scheme
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has released an amount of Rs 18000 crore for more than 9 crore farmers under the PM-KISAN scheme- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi. The prime minister started the release of the amount to the farmers with a push of a button. This amount was released via video conferencing.
- This release of a new amount has been done on the ‘Good Governance Day’ i.e. the birth anniversary of former prime minister Atal Bihar Vajpayee.
- With this release of 18000 crores under the scheme, each farmer family will Rs 2000 each in their bank accounts.
- PM-KISAN is an initiative of the Indian government under which farmers get Rs 6000 per year in three equated installments of Rs 2000 each.
- The scheme came into existence in February 2019. All farmers are included in the scheme excluding engineers, doctors, lawyers, government employees, those paying income taxes, etc.
- It is a centrally funded scheme for which Rs 75000 crore is set aside every year.
How to register for PM-KISAN?
In order to avail of the benefits under the scheme, farmers have to register on the official website along with uploading eligibility certificates.
The government has also launched a toll-free number – 1800115526 – to help farmers in availing the benefits of the scheme.
Since the launch of the scheme, over 1, 10, 000 crore rupees have been provided to farmers.