Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has launched a campaign for promoting electric vehicles. The campaign is named ‘Switch Delhi’.Â CM has appealed to people to buy electric vehicles to reduce pollution in the city.
- Under the campaign, the government will hire only electric vehicles for different purposes in the next 6 weeks.
- CM has urged big companies and delivery chains, market associations, resident welfare associations, malls, and cinema halls to promote electric vehicles.
- He also urged them to set up charging stations at their premises.
- Other than this, through the ‘Switch Delhi’ campaign, the government aims to create awareness about the advantages of using electric vehicles and how it can help in making Delhi clean and pollution-free.
- Under the electric vehicle policy, the Delhi government has planned to provide extensive subsidies on buying electric two-wheelers and four-wheelers.
- The government also plans to waive-off road tax and registration charges for electric vehicles.
- Since the launch of the electric vehicle policy, over 6,000 electric vehicles have been purchased.
- The government has also issued tenders for setting up 100 charging stations across the city.
The Delhi government has also set a target of 25% electric vehicles among total vehicle registrations in Delhi by the year 2024.