UMANG i.e. Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance is a single platform for all Indian citizens that provides access to several e-Government services. It is a multi-lingual, secure, unified, multi-channel mobile app providing access to various services of the government.
- The application is developed by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and National e-Governance Division (NeGD).
- As many as 189 departments including 88 Central departments, 101 state departments provide their e-services through UMANG platform.
- UMANG App was launched in November 2017 by Prime Minister at the 5th Global Conference on Cyberspace in New Delhi.
- The app is available in 13 languages- Hindi, English, Marathi, Urdu, Assamese, Tamil, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Punjabi, Odia, Malayalam, Marathi, and Telugu.
International Version of UMANG App
- Ministry of Electronics and IT organised a conference, to mark the occasion of 3 years of UMANG as well as the of milestone more than 2000 services.
- In the conference, IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad launched the international version of UMANG, in coordination with Ministry of External Affairs for select countries including UK, USA, Canada, UAE, Netherlands, Australia, Singapore, and New Zealand.
- This feature will help Indian international students, Indian tourists and NRIs in availing the services of Indian Government.
- It will also help India reaching to the world through the “Indian Culture” services on the app. It will also attract foreign tourists to the country.
- UMANG app international version can be downloaded from the Play store of the respective countries.
UMANG E-book and Awards
The Minister also launched an e-book on UMANG app comprising of the major milestones of the app and its services that are classified into various categories. Ravi Shankar Prasad also unveiled new UMANG Awards for the partner centre and state departments. The award will be given on the basis of highest number of transactions across services.