Virat Kohli: ICC Male Cricketer of the Decade and ODI Cricketer of the Decade
Indian Captain Virat Kohli has been awarded two prestigious International Cricket Council (ICC) Awards- ICC Male Cricketer of the Decade and ODI Cricketer of the Decade.
- As per ICC, Virat Kohli is the only player with more than 10,000 ODI runs in the ICC Awards period. He has 39 100s, 48 fifties, and an average of 61.83. He has also taken 112 catches in this period.
- For this performance, he has been awarded the Sir Garfield Sobers award for ICC Male Cricketer of the Decade.
- There were 7 nominees for the ICC Male Cricketer of the Decade Award namely- Virat Kohli (India), R Ashwin (India), Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka), Joe Root (England), Kane Williamson (New Zealand), AB de Villiers (South Africa) and Steve Smith (Australia).
- The numbers that Virat Kohli has in his kitty are- T20I- 80 matches, 2768 runs and an average of 50.32; Tests: 86 matches, 7240 runs, and an average of 53.62 average; and ODIs: 208 matches, 10388 runs, and an average of 61.83 average.
- ODI Cricketer of the Decade award also has 7 nominees namely- Virat Kohli (India), MS Dhoni (India), AB de Villiers (South Africa), Lasith Malinga (Sri Lanka), Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka), Mitchell Starc (Australia) and Rohit Sharma (India).
ICC T20I, ODI and Test Teams of Decade
ICC has earlier declared the ICC T20I, ODI, and Test teams of the decade. Former Indian Captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni is the captain of the T20I and ODI team of the decade while Virat Kohli is the captain of the ICC Test Team of the decade.