What is Rapid Assessment System?
The Union Government have been using the Rapid Assessment System, (RAS) to take feedback from the COVID-19 vaccinated people. The RAS feedback taking initiative was rolled out with the aim of improving the vaccination experience for citizens. The system also ensures whether all the norms are being followed during the vaccination process at all Vaccination Centres or not. This system is helping the government in making the vaccination drive more citizens friendly.
About Rapid Assessment System
- The Rapid Assessment System is a continuous feedback receiving platform that helps the government to receive feedback for its e-services.
- RAS has been developed by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- The system sends SMS with ID AX-GOVRAS and asks citizens details regarding the vaccine and other covid-19 pandemic related norms being followed at the vaccination centre.
- This system received the information of the people like their names and mobiles numbers through the Co-WIN platform.
- In case, the vaccinated people are unable to provide feedback over SMS, the user receives the call with in twenty-four hour for assessment.
- The people receive the SMS in local languages. These SMSes are send in languages ranging from Hindi, Gujarati, Bengali, Kannada, Tamil, Marathi, Malayalam, Telugu and Punjabi.
About Co-WIN Platform
- The Co-WIN platform has been designed for the delivery of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- The platform records the data of the vaccine collected using the CO-WIN mobile application.
- It is used to record the vaccine data.
- The app also collects the database of health care workers.
- The platform uses the temperature loggers in order to monitor the accurate remote temperature in real time.
- The platform comprises of five different modules:
- Administrator module.
- Registration Module.
- Vaccination module.
- Beneficiary acknowledgement module and
- report module.
- CO-WIN is an Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network (eVIN) based platform.
The electronic vaccine intelligence network (eVIN) is an indigenously developed technology launched in the year 2015. The network supports the Universal Immunization Programme of the government. The network helps in digitising the vaccine stocks. It also helps in monitoring the temperature of the cold chain through smartphone applications.
Written by IAS POINT