Prime Minister of India recently informed the states and union territories that the government is using the Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network (eVIN) in order to identify the primary beneficiaries and network for distributing the Covid-19 vaccine.
Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network (eVIN)
- The Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network is being used in collaboration with the United Nations Development Program (UNDP).
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has implemented the eVIN network under the National Health Mission (NHM).
- eVIN is an innovative technological solution that was launched in the year 2015 across 12 states.
- It was launched with an objective of strengthening the immunization supply chain systems.
- The network has an aim to promote the Universal Immunization Programe through real-time information on vaccine stocks, supply and the temperature at which the vaccine is stored at the cold chain points.
- The network comprises of the state-of-the-art technology, IT infrastructure and trained human resources. With this, the network enables the real time monitoring of stock and storage at multiple locations in the country.
The network is currently covering 32 States and Union Territories. It will be launched in the remaining States and Union Territories namely, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Ladakh, Chandigarh and Sikkim, soon.
- The system has helped in creating big data system by comprising together the technology, Governance and human resources.
- Technology helps in facilitating the evidence-based decision-making through real-time information.
- Governance helps in ensuring the efficient vaccine logistics management through systematic record keeping.
- Human resources help in empowering the state cold chain network.
- The system has increased the availability of Vaccine by 99% in most of the health centers.
Facts for prelims- About UNDP
UNDP is a global development network of United Nations. It is funded by voluntary contributions entirely from UN member states. It is operational in 177 countries. It has been Headquartered in New York City.
No comments yet.